Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall horse show

Wow! Today I spent all day at the Oglethorpe Saddle Club at the last horse show for this season. We had the best time! All the kids did fantastic and I was really able to give my friend Gina (Cocoa's previous mom) a big hand with the horses and the craziness that happens when you try to get a bunch of kids to make their events. I'm exhausted, I know I'm going to sleep well tonight- all that fresh air and exercise. The weather was amazing. The leaves are starting to change. It was a beautiful day. Next year, I'm going to be competing on Cocoa, and Josh said he would love to do a class or two with Elle. I'm so happy.

Finding a saddle for Cocoa is proving to be difficult. I'm thinking I'm going to try and Australian stock saddle. The Sidney Saddle Company makes a draft horse saddle that sounds fantastic. The Aussie saddle is a happy medium between an english saddle and a western. I need to take some measurements of Cocoa's back so I can find the perfect gullet width. If any family is reading this and wondering about Christmas.... think horse supplies!

No comments: