Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Getting back on the horse

I had decided to stop blogging shortly after I graduated college. It was a fun thing to do and I hoped it helped the people trying to keep up, keep up. It was fun. Then I moved away and tried to make blogging work while I was busily trying to be an adult. It was less fun. So I stopped. I worked as a teacher for a couple of years and decided that being an adult is not nearly what it's cracked up to be, so here I am, starting up a blog again. My fiance has a blog, but his blog is more of a work related thing. I keep up with my friend's mom's blog every week and maybe that's what made me decide to do it again. Its often hard for me to track exactly where I've come from and how I've gotten where I am. Its a weird and winding road. So, on to blogging.

This week has been rather exciting. I'm getting a new horse, my birthday horse, some time in the next month. Yeah I know, my birthday was two months ago, but these things take times. Especially for the horse of my dreams. He's perfect, thought not exactly tall, dark, and handsome. He's more short, fat, and easygoing. I imagine him to be the ultimate geek horse. If he had fingers, he'd be a gamer. I went to test drive him on Saturday, he's fantastic, smooth canter and has some real get up and go for a chub. Nothing compared to Josh's corvette horse, but I bet we'll have a chance to run some fun races.

Gave Josh's horse a bath on Monday, so of course it rains. Put the flags in the ground for the new barn site. Hopefully it'll go up before the new horse comes home. Looking forward to being able to put the horses up in the winter rather than messing with sheets.

I'm off to the grocery store today, I need some apples for an apple pie and its already 8 days into October and I haven't made anything with pumpkins! Maybe some pumpkin soup, that'd be awesome, pumpkin soup and apple glaced prok chops. Mmm!

No comments: